Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Drug Store Adventures - Trip #1

I love Sundays because I hit the three big drug stores around here. CVS, Rite-Aid and Walgreens. Usually I get lots of great deals on other items besides food, such as toothpaste, deodorant, vitamins, etc. Today was no exception! I actually made a second trip later in the afternoon because I found out about another great deal when I looked through today's Smart Source insert and found a high value $2.25 off Finish Detergent coupon. See my second post for second trip today.

Here's what I got on my first trip this morning.






Rite-Aid was having a huge 75% off clearance on their Christmas stuff, so I got George a few things that I didn't even have a coupon for! Overall I did very well, and here's a rundown of the important items I purchased:

Walgreens
(1) Omega 3 Fish Oil Gels
(1) Finish Dishwasher Detergent

Total before coupons - $14.43
Total out of pocket after coupons and Register Rewards - $1.93

Savings - $12.50 or 86.6%!

CVS
(1) GE Energy Smart Lightbulb
(2) Viactiv Calcium Chews (B1G1 Free)
(4) Excedrin


Total before coupons - $37.32
Total out of pocket after coupons and Extra Care Bucks - $6.84
Savings - $30.48 or 81.7%!
Rite-Aid
(2) Wet Ones antibacterial wipes
(1) Centrum vitamins
(1) Gas-X
And a whole bunch of Christmas clearance items...


Total before coupons - $29.74
Total out of pocket after coupons and +UP/SCR Rewards - $0.74
Savings - $29.00 or 97.5%!

 All in all a very good day, and its all items we will use!


-Ben

1 comment: