Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Drug Store Adventures, Trip #2

In my previous post I mentioned that I went back to Walgreens for a second trip later in the day. Well, this trip was EXCELLENT! I was able to get a bunch of cat litter, some clearance cologne (CK One which is my favorite) and some more laundry detergent!

Had I not purchased the cologne, I would have basically purchased the two packages of dishwasher detergent for nothing, as with the coupon and RR I made a $0.74 profit on each. The 4 containers of Tidy Cat came out to $1.00 for 4 of them (plus tax), so $0.25 each before tax.

I love couponing :)


Total before coupons - $44.92
Total out of pocket after coupons and Register Rewards - $14.42
Savings - $30.50 or 68%!

So when you add up today's two trips, here's how I'm doing for the year (after only 2 days mind you)

Total YTD purchases before coupons - $164.25
Total YTD out of pocket after coupons/rebates - $30.50
Savings - $133.75 (81.4%)

No comments:

Post a Comment